AboutWhy is this person notable and influential?
Gregory of Nyssa, also known as Gregory Nyssen , was bishop of Nyssa from 372 to 376 and from 378 until his death. He is venerated as a saint in Roman Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy, Oriental Orthodoxy, Anglicanism, and Lutheranism. Gregory, his elder brother Basil of Caesarea, and their friend Gregory of Nazianzus are collectively known as the Cappadocian Fathers.
- In Canticum Canticorum.
- Opera exegetica In Exodum et Novum Testamentum, Volume 1 De Vita Moysis
- Auctorum incertorum vulgo Basilii vel Gregorii Nysseni Sermones de creatione hominis; Sermo de paradiso
- Opera ascetica et Epistulae, Volume 1 Opera ascetica
- In Inscriptiones Psalmorum - In Sextum Psalmum: In Ecclesiasten Homiliae
- Opera ascetica et Epistulae, Volume 2 Epistulae
- Contra Eunomium liber III: Pars altera: Liber III (vulgo III-XII); Refutatio Confessionis Eunomii (vulgo lib. II)
- Contra Eunomium libri I et II: Pars prior: Libri I et II (vulgo I et XII B)
- Sermones, Volume 1 De vita Gregorii Thaumaturgi; De sancto Theodoro; In sanctum Stephanum I et II; In Basilium fratrum; In XL Martyres Ia, Ib et II
- Lettre canonique ; Lettre sur la pythonisse ; et six homélies pastorales : texte grec, GNO III, 2, III, 5, IX, X, 2 / Grégoire de Nysse ; introduction, traduction et notes, Pierre Maraval,...
Influence Rankings by DisciplineHow’s this person influential?