Professor of the History and Philosophy of Science, Houston Christian University
Bruce L. Gordon, PhD, holds advanced degrees in music performance, theology, and philosophy. He received his doctorate in philosophy from Northwestern University, doing a dissertation in the philosophy of physics with Arthur Fine.
Bruce’s research focuses on:
- the interpretation and inter-relationship of quantum theory, relativity, unification physics, cosmology, and philosophical theology;
- the application of intelligent design theory to physics, cosmology, and biology;
- socio-cultural, methodological, epistemological, and metaphysical factors affecting the historical development and current practice of science;
- historically orthodox Christian biblical interpretation and theological formulation with respect to questions raised by modern science; and
- education and public policy issues related to science, ethics, and culture.