AboutWhy is this person notable and influential?
Sigmund Freud was an Austrian neurologist and the founder of psychoanalysis, a clinical method for treating psychopathology through dialogue between a patient and a psychoanalyst.
SchoolsWhat schools is this person affiliated with?
University of Vienna
Public university in Vienna, Austriaview profile
Notable WorksWhat contributions to academia has this person made?
- Why War?
- Delusion and Dream in Jensen's Gradiva
- An Outline of Psychoanalysis
- The Standard Edition of the Complete Psychological Works of Sigmund Freud
- Cinq psychanalyses
- On Narcissism
- On Suicide: With Particular Reference to Suicide among Young Students
- Jokes and Their Relation to the Unconscious
- Mourning and Melancholia
- The Psychopathology of Everyday Life
- Dostoevsky and Parricide
- Dalla storia di una nevrosi infantile
- The Interpretation of Dreams
- Moses and Monotheism
- The History of the Psychoanalytic Movement
- Totem and Taboo
- The Question of Lay Analysis
- Beyond the Pleasure Principle
- On Aphasia
- Thoughts for the Times on War and Death
- Medusa's Head
- Studies on Hysteria
- Dream Psychology
- Sobre los recuerdos encubridores
- Civilization and Its Discontents
- Das Unheimliche
- Entwurf einer Psychologie
- The Ego and the Id
- The Future of an Illusion
- Leonardo da Vinci, A Memory of His Childhood
- Three Essays on the Theory of Sexuality
- Cinq leçons sur la psychanalyse
- Fragmento de análisis de un caso de histeria
- Introduction to Psychoanalysis
Influence Rankings by DisciplineHow’s this person influential?