This powerful tool helps you to think strategically about where you need to apply for college. All it requires are a few details about you.
Based on surveying over a million respondents on where they applied and where they ended up enrolling, as well as data from the National Center for Education Statistics, this tool separates your likely choices of colleges into:
- Reach schools — challenging schools where getting in is a crapshoot.
- Target schools — matched schools where you’re qualified and likely to get in.
- Safety schools — fallback schools where you can be sure to get in.
Don’t let the simplicity of this tool fool you. Its insights have proven uncannily accurate!
- Northeastern University
- New York University
- University of California, Los Angeles
- Tulane University
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of Southern California
- Boston University
- University of Minnesota
- Pennsylvania State University
- University of Alabama
- Ohio State University
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- University of Wisconsin–Madison
- Baylor University